Duck, duck, Decanter!

Sunday, June 5, 2011



I have driven by the Duck and Decanter at Camelback and the 51 multiple times.  I saw it and thought it must be a fancy steak house or French eatery.  In the back of my mind, eating at Duck and Decanter was on my to do list, but a sufficiently formal occasion never presented itself.  So I never visited it... until this last week!






I went for a work meeting and found pleasant surprise after pleasant surprise.  First, the evening was just beautiful.  There are many things to love about Arizona, but usually an outdoor dining experience in June is not one of those things.  However we have been gifted with perfect weather for a few weeks now; perfect for eating on Duck and Decanter's front patio.






The pleasant surprises continued.  Duck and Decanter is not formal or stuffy or expensive!  It is a combination of sandwich shop, wine bar, espresso/coffee/tea dispensary, cheese shop and gift shop!  There are bins with coffee beans and a grinder you can use to get your fresh ground coffee.  There is loose leaf tea - black and green.


Gift selection!

Everyone is so nice at Duck and Decanter.


A cheese platter accompanied by an assortment of crackers and breads was served at the meeting and it was scrumptious!  Soft, melting brie.  Slivers of salty, hard cheese.  White cheese with pesto flavored ribbons running through it.  I had ascended straight to cheese lovers' heaven!

The gift shop was wonderful.  If I ever need a gift for a visiting relative or a hostess gift, I shall make my way directly here.  They have a wonderful assortment of tea, chocolate everything (brownies, candies) and Arizona specific condiments.

I enjoyed the atmosphere and will certainly go back to check out the sandwiches and wine. 



View Larger Map

0 comments:

Post a Comment