Mexican + Chinese = Mexinese? Chinican?

Friday, June 3, 2011






So my fiance kept asking me to go to one of his favorite restaurants with him.  However his description left me less than enthusiastic.  "It's Mexican food mixed with Chinese food, but it's good."  He assured me that it is the place his company takes out of town guests.  I remained unconvinced.  Finally, I traded getting to play a game at Atomic Comics for eating at Chino Bandidos.  Just so you know, I  won that trade because both the game and the food were wonderful.


You are thinking one of two things at this point: 1) "Combining Mexican and Chinese food sounds disgusting.  What a rubbish idea!  This blogger is insane and tastebud-less.  Why am I still reading this dumb blog?" Or 2) "Oh Chinos!  I love that place!"

Well, it was good.  My fiance ordered his standard fare for me.  There was a "burrito" with moist, sweet orange chicken surrounded by a snug wrap.  Next to it was a quesadilla with jerk chicken.  These were accompanied by a fried rice unlike anything my mother has ever made.  But my favorite part was the black beans.  Sweet and yet perfect with cheese.  Grab a fork or some chopsticks and gobble it down!

Seriously worth checking out.  But be warned, the ordering system is complicated (read indecipherable and frightening).  But I have four solutions for you:

1) Just wing it.  Check boxes, circle stuff and see what comes.
2) Just go and let the people at the counter help you.  The staff at the counters are ordering wizards and can guide you to the delicious meal you so crave.
3) Check out the Chino Bandido's website for ordering guidance.
4) Check out my fiance's favorite meal.  I included a copy of his order ticket below.

So be brave, try it! 


 Orange chicken peeking at you from within its soft wrap.  Peek!

 In the restaurant you will find a panda bandit carved from stone, and there is a book of pictures on the front counter detailing his creation just for Chino Bandidos. 
 
To Eat is Human, to Chino Divine.



Empty
Filled out



There are two locations!  The original location is at Greenway and 19th Ave. 


View Larger Map

2 comments:

  1. Emily said...:

    That's almost my exact "regular" order :) 6Q and 7B, BLK, JFR-- and plenty of red sauce!!

    Gonna have to go soon...

  1. We just went again today and tried the free sampling available at the counter. After trying about 8 meats, fried rices and beans I have discovered my new favorite order: machaca quesadilla, jade red chicken, black beans and plain rice (with soy sauce). Mmmmm.

    7 & 14Q, BLK, W.

Post a Comment